home
Search
Clarisas Convent


In 1654 a new convent for nuns in the palatin enclosure was founded in order to worship the Virgin of the Miracle, patron of the town. For the establishment of this convent a part of the palace was gave to the Clarisas nuns order, and a new adjacent monastery was built. This building was finished in 1670.

Baroque style church paintings by Paolo de Mattei with scenes of the Virgin of the Miracle and Santa Clara from Assisi can be seen, but, most of all, the original painting on wood of the patron of Cocentaina. 

Download audio



Cocentaina Castle
Cocentaina Castle
Earls Palace
Earls Palace
Penella Castle
Penella Castle
Town wall towers
Town wall towers
Moors and Christians Festival Museum
Moors and Christians Festival Museum
El Comtat Archeology and Ethnology Museum
El Comtat Archeology and Ethnology Museum
Town Hall
Town Hall
Saint Christopher Hermitage
Saint Christopher Hermitage
Santa Bàrbara Hermitage
Santa Bàrbara Hermitage
Clarisas Convent
Clarisas Convent
Convent of Franciscan Fathers
Convent of Franciscan Fathers
Church of Santa Maria
Church of Santa Maria
‘El Salvador’ church
‘El Salvador’ church
Carrer Major (Main Steet)
Carrer Major (Main Steet)
‘Dolors’ Street
‘Dolors’ Street
'Pla de la Font' Square
'Pla de la Font' Square
Audios
Audios
Nombre
Contraseña
Login
Copyright. Todos los derechos reservados